Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I was notified that my MacBook has 3 virus

I was notified that my Mac has 3 virus about an hour ago and now my screen is glitching out and changing colours, not sure what to do since when I went on apple support they said it wasn't real and I shouldn't be worried

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Air

Posted on Sep 14, 2019 6:54 PM

2 replies

Sep 15, 2019 12:54 PM in response to NatalieMcClinchey

Natalie,

Apple will never pop these dialogs, or redirect you to a website. Thus, you can be certain that no matter what extent the criminals behind these make them look like official Apple sources, they are not, and do not interact with them. Just quit your browser without clicking any button, including Cancel.

If you are using Safari, launch it again by pressing the shift key which will avoid loading that site again. Clear your history, which will also clear your cookies. In Safari Preferences : Advanced panel, select Show Develop menu in menu bar, and press option+command+e to clear your browser cache. Quit Safari and launch normally. You may need to run Malwarebytes per K. Shaffer's post.

I refuse to revisit any website where this trash originates.

I was notified that my MacBook has 3 virus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.