Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud not syncing

My wife has a 2018 Mac Mini and a brand new 2017 MacBook Pro 13 inch recently issued to her from work.

There seems to be a syncing problem between the two devices. I can see iCloud Drive items on both computers but my wife has made changes to folders and files on the MacBook and they have not shown up on the MacMini in over 24 hours.

Mac mini 2018 or later

Posted on Sep 15, 2019 12:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 16, 2019 11:18 AM

Try going to iCloud.com using a computer browser to see if the items are there and whether they are from the mini or the MacBook computer. That should show which computer isn't syncing. On the computer that isn't syncing, try going to System Preferences/iCloud and stop syncing. Wait a couple of minutes, then recheck syncing. If the device, go to Settings/Your Name/iCloud and do the above. As a last resort, you can also try signing out of iCloud and then sign in again.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 16, 2019 11:18 AM in response to tgonline

Try going to iCloud.com using a computer browser to see if the items are there and whether they are from the mini or the MacBook computer. That should show which computer isn't syncing. On the computer that isn't syncing, try going to System Preferences/iCloud and stop syncing. Wait a couple of minutes, then recheck syncing. If the device, go to Settings/Your Name/iCloud and do the above. As a last resort, you can also try signing out of iCloud and then sign in again.

iCloud not syncing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.