You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to quickly fill holes in iPhone music collection that are in iTunes on Mac

My complete music library is about 6,000 songs on my iMac. Currently, I have about 4,000 on my phone because I used a bunch of space for apps that I no longer need. Is there an easy/quick way to upload the remaining 2,000 songs to my phone if I don't remember exactly which songs are missing? If I try to move my entire library to my phone will it just skip the 4,000 duplicates or will I get everything?

If deleting and reinstalling all of the music on my phone is the way to go, then will that ruin all of the playlists I have on my phone? If so, is there a way to preserve the playlists so I don't have to spend a ton of time recreating them?

Posted on Sep 15, 2019 7:11 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 16, 2019 8:43 AM

Is your phone synced to a selection of playlists, or manually managed? Either way adding content from your library to the device shouldn't create duplicates on it.

tt2

1 reply

How to quickly fill holes in iPhone music collection that are in iTunes on Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.