Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I only have one iPhone. Should I turn on backups

Can someone please tell me if I should turn off iCloud backup since I only one device? Thanks in advance.

Posted on Sep 15, 2019 7:41 PM

6 replies

Sep 15, 2019 8:02 PM in response to NYC265

iCloud is an NOT an archive system. If you delete your data on iCloud, your data will delete on your phone. So, not a good option at all. Unless you want to backup your phone to iTunes as sberman suggested.

If you have the free 5gb iCloud storage plan, wouldn't it make more sense to just buy the 50gb plan for a mere $.99/month? That's less than two specialty drinks at Starbucks and 50GB goes a long long way. You can upgrade the storage plan for iCloud so so easily.

Click here for details on how to upgrade your iCloud Storage plan: Buy more iCloud storage - Apple Support

Sep 16, 2019 6:50 AM in response to lobsterghost1

I have been paying for the 50gb iCloud storage plans and it’s running out of space because I turned on the iCloud photo. I needed to to clean up my iCloud now :(. I don’t want to pay extra for more iCloud storage. If I turn off iCloud photo the pics and videos will be removed from my phone but if I download it I need to have additional 35gb free space to do so. I only have 30gb free now. Anyway I’m getting a new iPhone soon.

I only have one iPhone. Should I turn on backups

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.