Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Compatibility and capacity apple watch (4 and 5) with iphone SE

Hi, I'd like to know if I can use Apple Watch 4 and 5 with iphone SE. I would also like to know how much GB available for offline music has the app watch 5 (the 4 is 2GB)

Apple Watch

Posted on Sep 16, 2019 12:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 16, 2019 12:34 AM

Hello

• Apple Watch Series 5 and Apple Watch Series 3 require an iPhone 6s or later with iOS 13 or later.
  • To use your Apple Watch Series 1 or later with watchOS 5, you need to pair it with an iPhone 5s or later with iOS 12 or later—Apple Watch models with cellular require an iPhone 6 or later. Setup assistants on your iPhone and Apple Watch work together to help you pair and set up your Apple Watch.
  • Apple Watch 4 no longer sold on Apple.com
  • Apple Watch Series 4 (GPS + Cellular) requires an iPhone 6 or later with iOS 12 or later. Apple Watch Series 4 (GPS) requires an iPhone 5s or later with iOS 12 or later.

watchOS 6 compatibility.

watchOS 6 requires iPhone 6s or later with iOS 13 or later, and one of the following Apple Watch models:

• Apple Watch Series 1
  • Apple Watch Series 2
  • Apple Watch Series 3
  • Apple Watch Series 4
  • Apple Watch Series 5

https://www.apple.com/watch/compare/ - compare Apple Watch 5 and 3 specs

Do not have answer for offline data, might not be available yet.

Apple Online Store

Apple.com is a convenient place to purchase Apple products and accessories from Apple and other manufacturers. You can buy online, chat, or call (800) MY–APPLE (800–692–7753), 7 days a week from 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. Central time.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 16, 2019 12:34 AM in response to vadovedoprendo19

Hello

• Apple Watch Series 5 and Apple Watch Series 3 require an iPhone 6s or later with iOS 13 or later.
  • To use your Apple Watch Series 1 or later with watchOS 5, you need to pair it with an iPhone 5s or later with iOS 12 or later—Apple Watch models with cellular require an iPhone 6 or later. Setup assistants on your iPhone and Apple Watch work together to help you pair and set up your Apple Watch.
  • Apple Watch 4 no longer sold on Apple.com
  • Apple Watch Series 4 (GPS + Cellular) requires an iPhone 6 or later with iOS 12 or later. Apple Watch Series 4 (GPS) requires an iPhone 5s or later with iOS 12 or later.

watchOS 6 compatibility.

watchOS 6 requires iPhone 6s or later with iOS 13 or later, and one of the following Apple Watch models:

• Apple Watch Series 1
  • Apple Watch Series 2
  • Apple Watch Series 3
  • Apple Watch Series 4
  • Apple Watch Series 5

https://www.apple.com/watch/compare/ - compare Apple Watch 5 and 3 specs

Do not have answer for offline data, might not be available yet.

Apple Online Store

Apple.com is a convenient place to purchase Apple products and accessories from Apple and other manufacturers. You can buy online, chat, or call (800) MY–APPLE (800–692–7753), 7 days a week from 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. Central time.

Sep 16, 2019 5:50 AM in response to vadovedoprendo19

The iPhone SE was actually released after the iPhone 6s which is the minimum iPhone required for Apple Watch Series 5 (the series 4 is no longer sold, but if you already have one, it will also work with the iPhone SE).

The trick is that watchOS 6 requires iOS 13, and iOS 13 runs on the following iPhones

• iPhone 11
  • iPhone 11 Pro
  • iPhone 11 Pro Max
  • iPhone XR
  • iPhone XS 
  • iPhone XS Max
  • iPhone X
  • iPhone 8 Plus
  • iPhone 8
  • iPhone 7
  • iPhone 7 Plus
  • iPhone SE <<<<<<--------
  • iPhone 6s
  • iPhone 6s Plus

Compatibility and capacity apple watch (4 and 5) with iphone SE

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.