Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari video playback flashing to a random locally stored JPG file

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2012), OS Mojave 10.14.2 (18C54)

Sometimes when I watch Netflix in Safari (Version 12.0.2 (14606.3.4) I see a random picture flashing every 5 seconds or so, the way it does in the Fight Club movie. When I first came across it, I thought it was intentional because it was a still of one of the episodes of the show I was watching, but then it felt too pervasive to be just that. I refreshed the page and the glitch disappeared. Today it started flashing a picture of my cat that is stored on this notebook. Should I be worried about my video card?

MacBook Pro Retina

Posted on Sep 16, 2019 7:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 16, 2019 8:24 AM

The current version of Safari is 12.1.2 and the current version of Mojave is 10.14.6. Try going to the App Store Updates and get your computer updated to the latest version. See if that fixes the problem.

Try setting up another admin user account in System Preferences/Users & Groups to see if the same problem continues. Please post back on whether or not this worked. Also try the Safe Mode. Please post back on whether or not this worked.

Isolating an issue by using another user account 

Safe Mode - About

If it works in the Safe Mode, try running this program when booted normally and then copy and paste the output in a reply. The program was created by Etresoft, a frequent contributor.  Please use copy and paste as screen shots can be hard to read. Click “Share Report” button in the toolbar, select “Copy to Clipboard” and then paste into a reply. This will show what is running on your computer. No personal information is shown. If the log won’t post, try posting it in Pastebin and provide a link in a reply. After pasting the report in a PasteBin page, go to the top of the page, and copy the address in the URL bar. Paste that in a new reply.        Pastebin

Etrecheck – System Information

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 16, 2019 8:24 AM in response to Kupava

The current version of Safari is 12.1.2 and the current version of Mojave is 10.14.6. Try going to the App Store Updates and get your computer updated to the latest version. See if that fixes the problem.

Try setting up another admin user account in System Preferences/Users & Groups to see if the same problem continues. Please post back on whether or not this worked. Also try the Safe Mode. Please post back on whether or not this worked.

Isolating an issue by using another user account 

Safe Mode - About

If it works in the Safe Mode, try running this program when booted normally and then copy and paste the output in a reply. The program was created by Etresoft, a frequent contributor.  Please use copy and paste as screen shots can be hard to read. Click “Share Report” button in the toolbar, select “Copy to Clipboard” and then paste into a reply. This will show what is running on your computer. No personal information is shown. If the log won’t post, try posting it in Pastebin and provide a link in a reply. After pasting the report in a PasteBin page, go to the top of the page, and copy the address in the URL bar. Paste that in a new reply.        Pastebin

Etrecheck – System Information

Safari video playback flashing to a random locally stored JPG file

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.