You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sorting in Itunes

Running iTunes 12.10.0.7 on a Windows 10 platform. I want to be able to sort all of my music library by the Artist only. I have clicked on the Artist banner at the top and it kinda sorts, however it does not put every song by the same Artist in one contiguous block. I have clicked the Artist banner at the top multiple times and it does not help. Something I thought to be very easy has turned out to be possibly impossible! I have verified that the sorting field in the song info is the same for all of the songs by the same artist and still it doesn't put all of these songs together!!! Am I missing something obvious?

Posted on Sep 16, 2019 10:08 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

Sep 16, 2019 10:24 AM in response to ViperV-12

See Grouping tracks into albums for general background. In some views Album Artist may have priority over Artist. Tracks marked as a compilation may not be listed with others by the same artist.

I have verified that the sorting field in the song info is the same for all of the songs by the same artist

Sort values should not be used to try to merge different primary values, but perhaps that isn't quite what you meant. There are a number of different sort values that may influence the display order of content. Generally I'd suggest using Album by Artist in the Songs view.

tt2

Sorting in Itunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.