Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can i install mac in other notebook

Posted on Sep 16, 2019 11:59 AM

9 replies

Sep 16, 2019 1:27 PM in response to dhruv195

Some details of this to ponder...

• You’re not the first to think this.
  • Nor are you the first that seemingly did not research a proposal, seeking any previous discussions.
  • You’re also seemingly not familiar with the variability among the existing PC hardware products and platforms, nor with the development and the support costs of the plethora of hardware available.
  • Some of which is specialized for what macOS provides, not the least of which is the T2 hardware.
  • Including and beyond the T2, an increasing chunk of the Mac hardware is Apple-developed hardware, too.
  • The user experience would be less, quite possibly less stable, impossible for Apple to test, and that’s where the hardware is sufficiently mostly-compatible.
  • Microsoft outsources these software development and parts of the testing costs to the third-party hardware vendors.
  • With Linux, that development and testing cost is paid by folks that are paid by vendors, or that develop for free.
  • Apple doesn’t have that costs-outsourcing option with Microsoft-spec’d PC hardware.
  • You’ll want to ponder the financial considerations of your proposal here, too.
  • macOS on “Bring Your Own Device” hardware is way less cash to Apple.
  • Cash that’s for profits, cash for new Apple products and development, and cash that pays for the “free” macOS that we get with the hardware purchase.
  • What you and many others want is free software, on cheaper hardware.
  • That’s just not going to happen with macOS itself. Not again.
  • Consider running one of the macOS-ish Linux distros.
  • Or buy a Mac.

Sep 16, 2019 12:32 PM in response to dhruv195

dhruv195 wrote:
i think it must happen

Apple did that once in the '90's and by the mid-90's they were weeks away from going out of business. Since that time Apple has managed to become one of the largest companies. As long as they maintain their current success, it is highly unlikely they will change their business model.

Besides, Apple is a "Hardware" company that writes software to sell "Their" hardware. Why would they want to see someone else's hardware?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.