Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Shuffle Song is not random enough

There are 2800 songs in my ipod, I found that the Shuffle Songs function is not random enough, it always picks up the songs which I had played in last one or two days.

Mac Mini / iPod Video

Posted on Nov 29, 2005 6:53 AM

8 replies

Nov 29, 2005 9:36 PM in response to Tc7

...Hmmm? Does iTunes take in to account what songs
the iPod has played? Therefore, will an iTines
Smartlist work for ipod shuffle playback?

If you're talking about a normal iPod, then yes. Part of the Autosync operation is to copy the last played times from the iPod into iTunes.

If you're talking about an iPod Shuffle, then no. The iPod Shuffle doesn't have a clock or a date/time, so it won't know what songs the iPod Shuffle has played recently.

Dec 19, 2005 3:58 AM in response to Tc7

this is simple probability. take another example;

if there is a lottery of 4 numbers, and you win with "1234", you are just as likely to win with "1234" the next week as you are with any other combination of numbers, providing the lottery is completely unbias.

the same principle can be applied to the iPod shuffling songs. there is no reason why a whole album cannot be played all in a row. obviously this is not likely, but completely possible.

Shuffle Song is not random enough

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.