Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Finder is not showing newly saved files

I have a MacBook Pro 13-inch, 2017, running macOS Mojave v. 10.14.5 and have only recently encountered this problem, maybe within the past week and it is INCREDIBLY annoying. Whenever I save a file to my SSD, whether it be .jpg, .html, .pdf, or what have you, the newly saved file will not show up in Finder when i want to retrieve it. It will however show up in the Finder preview window when I'm in the middle of saving a new file. From there i am unable to access it (obviously), but it affirms that the file is saved and is there, just not appearing in Finder afterwards.

Please help!

MacBook Pro Retina

Posted on Sep 16, 2019 6:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 16, 2019 6:33 PM

Did you try this: Narrow your search results on Mac - Apple Support

Similar questions

3 replies

Oct 21, 2019 6:08 AM in response to Mattpanzini

I'm having this problem too, on a 2017 iMac. The only thing I've found that helps is relaunching the Finder. You can either do this with a option+right-click on the Finder button in the dock or by going to Terminal and typing "killall Finder" (without the quotes). This is a problem which should be addressed in a future update, but I don't have any information or idea about when that will happen.

Oct 21, 2019 7:24 AM in response to Mattpanzini

There have been a few reports like yours.

One thing that seems to solve it is to delete Finder's preferences.

Press command-shift-G and type or paste

~/Library/Preferences

and press enter.

Locate the file com.apple.Finder.plist and drag it out of the folder. You can put it in the trash or leave it on your desktop for now.

Press command-option-Escape, select the Finder in the list and click Relaunch.

Finder is not showing newly saved files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.