Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unlock disable iPad using iCloud

Posted on Sep 17, 2019 3:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2019 3:30 AM

No you can't do that, you need a computer to restore.

146 replies

Aug 15, 2020 10:06 AM in response to locked-ipod

Again, no one reads this post.

The solution/links are posted twice on page 2 of this post!

I am not going to continually repost these links when they have already been posted twice!

Read the post!

Also, some very bad news for your over 10-year old iPad.

If you never backed up the data from this over 10-year old iPad, as well as backed up those very old third party apps on that old iPad, using a much older version of iTunes for Mac or Windows PC, I am sorry to inform you that the full restore that will be needed to now to get your 2010 iPad working again will, also, render it completely useless as, it will completely erase and reset that old iPad.

When this happens, there are no more third party apps available to this very old iPad, any longer and no way, any longer, to retrieve these third party apps as they have been permanently removed by the app developers and Apple forever.

Tap and read my links below for my additional info about your old iPad model.

"Sudden App Death” for Completely Res… - Apple Community

If you own OLD 8 and 9 Year Old iPad mo… - Apple Community

Your 2010, 1st gen iPad is done and will be of little to no use to, now!

Time for a new, new refurbished or much, MUCH newer, used iPad model.

A lot has happened with iPad and IOS in over 10 years.

If you decide to purchase another iPad and must purchase older, used iPad models, DO NOT look at anything older than a 2014 iPad Air 2 or 2015 iPad Mini 4.

Both of these models are the oldest iPad models that the up and coming iPadOS 14 will support, in the Fall of 2020.

If you must purchased used devices from unknown sources, you must ask A WHOLE LOT more questions of the iOS device seller, ask for more photo/images, ask if the iPad has user/iCloud activation lock and ask for photos/images/short video proof, ANY REAL, UNQUESTIONABLE, UNMISTAKABLE and CONFIRMED VISUAL PROOF, that such an iPad has been reset to factory settings and shown proof of the iOS device's start up screen showing the animated, moving, multi-language “Hello” Welcome to iPad screen.

If the iOS device seller is unwilling to do all of this to show you that the iPad, in question, is ready to use with no barriers to new user activation and use, pass on the iOS device and look at other iOS device sellers, elsewhere, who will be more accommodating to answering questions and providing visual image or video proof of a proper factory reset iPad.

Sorry & Best of Luck to You!

Dec 7, 2020 6:21 PM in response to aurilus9

For the umpteenth time for the those who are uniniated to actually read through this post for the actual answers....

If you forgot your Apple ID - Apple Support

If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

If you forgot the passcode on your iPad, or your iPad is disabled - Apple Support

Pick your poison.

The procedures needed to recover any of these are all the same.

If you ever bothered to backup the data on your iPad, you will need to completely erase that iPad, setup your iPad as a new device and restore your iPad data from your most recent iCloud or iTunes/macOS Finder backups.

The erase all data and settings is found in the Settings App, General, Reset.

If no recent backup or you never, ever backed up the data on your iPad, then you have to completely erase the iPad and set it up as new.

Any important data that was inside of that IPad is permanently lost and will not be recoverable.

Good Luck!

Jan 1, 2021 10:13 AM in response to color46

You will need to erase this iPad and start over again.

For those that are too lazy to read through this post on ANY page ( the necessary links have been posted, at least, once per page throughout this posting here), once again, posting the link for the umpteenth time for the uninitiated.

If you forgot the passcode on your iPad, or your iPad is disabled - Apple Support

May 5, 2020 3:55 PM in response to rfstottca

All of your answers are on page 2 of this post with links to tap on to the proper Apple procedures you need.

No one here is reading this post which ONLY has pages to peruse though.

No one here is going to keep repeating the necessary info that has already been posted here for all here to find and put to use.

Please read an entire post here for advice/possible solutions/answers before posting a similar question that everyone posting here seems to keep doing.

Good Luck to You!

Dec 19, 2020 11:29 AM in response to NeusaNina

Dear Sir. Madam.

I bought iPad Air. On return of my old iPad I was given to understand that I wil be refunded £182. After erasing my data as advised I returned my old iPad through Royal Mail for which I have proof of posting. I have had no satisfaction from the Apple support Team except receiving the same message to erase the data using iCloud Kindly investigate. If you are unable to resolve kindly let me know the email ID of companies department or ombudsman as this has been going on for quite some time. Thanks

Krishnan

Dec 19, 2020 11:44 AM in response to drmuthukrishnan

I have no idea why you are posting here.

You have signed up and posted in a largely Apple product customer/user to user technical support community.

We are, largely, all just Apple product customers/users here, just like you.

If you have already contact Apple support about your iPad issues, there is nothing more we users here can do for you.

No one here can investigate anything or do anything for you.

I suggest continue to contact Apple support

Good Luck to You!

Mar 15, 2021 4:19 PM in response to Bethsieger

Please look and read through this post, please!

The answer/link to the solution you need is practically plastered, at least once, on each page of this posting.

Read the entire post first before posting.

The solution/link is even posted on this VERY page higher up on this page!

The solution/link is posted 3 posts down from the top of this very post page!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.