Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I’ve received email from Apple ID saying my account will be locked in 7 days. May I know if this is legit or a scam?

I’ve received email from Apple ID saying my account will be locked in 7 days and asked to login to my account with my full particulars and credit card info. May i know if this is legit or a scam. Coz I didn’t realise that it was sent to my different email address than the one I’m using for my Apple ID. And seems fishy. Can please clarify to me if this is legit or a scam. Thank you!

[Image Edited by Moderator to Remove Personal Information]

Posted on Sep 17, 2019 9:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2019 10:01 AM

No. Its fake, a scam. do not provide your Apple ID and password to that website. and if you have entered them there, change your password immediately.

See here: Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

and here: Identify legitimate emails from the App Store or iTunes Store - Apple Support

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 17, 2019 10:01 AM in response to DeeBarista

No. Its fake, a scam. do not provide your Apple ID and password to that website. and if you have entered them there, change your password immediately.

See here: Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

and here: Identify legitimate emails from the App Store or iTunes Store - Apple Support

Nov 11, 2019 8:21 AM in response to O2BNTEXAS

Send the e-mail to Apple as an attachment to a new e-mail before deleting it. You can forward as an attachment by going to Mail/Message/Forward as attachment. Or control - click on the email and select Forward as attachment. Make sure you send it as an attachment to a new email. If you just forward it, it will probably be rejected. You won’t receive a response.

reportphishing@apple.com

I’ve received email from Apple ID saying my account will be locked in 7 days. May I know if this is legit or a scam?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.