Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What's the best and cheap iPhone model to get for an elder user who is still using his iPhone 6+?

Hello.

What's the best and cheap iPhone model to get for an elder user who is still using his iPhone 6+ with Verizon Wireless? I told him that Apple will not be supporting its iOS in a few days since iOS 12 (13 will not work on it) is the last version to work on it. He still wants to keep his old cable connections (lightning -> USB), docking stations, etc. I know the newer iPhone models don't have 3.5mm audio cable anymore, but he can still use his old BlueTooth devices (e.g., speakers, headphones, and SUVs) and 3.5mm audio cable adapter.

The new 11 is too new (who knows what issues it will have), expensive, and too high end for his basic needs (apps, e-mails, Safari, textings, phone, etc.) even though he uses his iPhone 6+ since 2015 and formerly 4S a lot. Hopefully, accessibility and usability are still good on the newer iPhone Also, he still uses an old MacBook Pro with its mac OS Sierra v10.12.6 so I don't know how well its Photos and iTunes' sync will be (he doesn't use the clouds). Also, he doesn't want to keep upgrading his iPhone so often too since he hates upgrading and replacing his hardware stuff!

Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. :)

iPhone 6 Plus

Posted on Sep 17, 2019 11:33 AM

Similar questions

12 replies

Sep 17, 2019 11:46 AM in response to antdude

antdude wrote:

Hello.

I told him that Apple will not be supporting its iOS in a few days since iOS 12 (13 will not work on it) is the last version to work on it.

That is not entirely accurate.

iOS 13 will not run on it, but that does NOT mean that the device will no longer be supported.

It will continue to work just fine on iOS 12.

If he's happy with what he has, then leave well enough alone and let him keep using it.

Sep 17, 2019 1:23 PM in response to antdude

Apple recently released an update to fix a security issue in iOS 7. 7!

iOS 12 will NOT be getting new features or enhancements, but any critical security issues should be addressed for at least the next few years.

Edit: or was it 9? I know 9.3.6 was recently released. Maybe my brain is failing... either way, iOS 9 is pretty darned old, considering 13 will hit in a few days...

So far, the record for iOS is a version 4 years out of date (at least) is still getting patched.

What's the best and cheap iPhone model to get for an elder user who is still using his iPhone 6+?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.