Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trouble adding printer to Mac

I have a MacBook that I cannot add a printer. The printer worked previously but had some issues. I deleted the printer and when I attempt to add it back i get the pinwheel of death.

The printer is a network printer. I can add other network printers with no problem and the printer that I am having a problem with works on other PCs and Macs.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanx

MacBook Pro

Posted on Sep 17, 2019 1:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2019 1:34 PM

A nice generic, content free post. Nothing to help us, help you. Which is exactly why the following article was written:

Writing an effective Apple Support Communities question.

What version of macOS are you using from menu : About This Mac? What printer vendor, and specific printer model are you attempting to connect? Have you checked the printer vendor's site for compatible drivers for the operating system in question? Have you reread the manual for the specific printer and installation steps for Mac? Have you Reset the Print System already for the drivers you installed?

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 17, 2019 1:34 PM in response to nchjls

A nice generic, content free post. Nothing to help us, help you. Which is exactly why the following article was written:

Writing an effective Apple Support Communities question.

What version of macOS are you using from menu : About This Mac? What printer vendor, and specific printer model are you attempting to connect? Have you checked the printer vendor's site for compatible drivers for the operating system in question? Have you reread the manual for the specific printer and installation steps for Mac? Have you Reset the Print System already for the drivers you installed?

Sep 17, 2019 1:50 PM in response to VikingOSX

Running El Capitan 10.11.6

Kyocera TaskAlfa 3252ci. I was able to use the printer before I had an issue with print job stuck in queue.

I removed the printer and when I attempted to add it back I get the pinwheel. When adding the printer I selected IP and used the IPP and LPD. Neither worked.

I reset the printer system and was able to add the HP printer back with no problem. I was also able to add a different Kyocera TaskAlfa 356ci to the Mac with no problem, just to troubleshoot if it didn't like the Kyocera drivers.

Sorry for the lack of info, not a Mac person. Work with 95% Windows systems.

Let me know if you need any other information.

Trouble adding printer to Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.