Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

what is error 4000?

What is error 4000 trying to update itunes error in my sons iphone 5c and after half hr I get can't update error 4000

Posted on Sep 17, 2019 5:54 PM

9 replies

Oct 31, 2019 1:00 PM in response to Lyssa

Not a helpful response - at least 7 people have reported the same error number (4000) and the same issue here.

Plus, we've all received the following message:

Announcement: Update your iPhone 5 to continue using App Store, iCloud, email, web, and other servicesStarting just before 12:00 a.m. UTC on November 3, 2019, iPhone 5 will require an iOS update to maintain accurate GPS location and to continue to use functions that rely on correct date and time including App Store, iCloud, email, and web browsing. For more information, click here.

So calling it a 'hardware issue' isn't really helpful - it's the precise hardware the update is targetng here.

Nov 2, 2019 2:44 AM in response to sotojett

Hi! I also had the 4000 error and the warning about "November 3" all the time. And I also couldn't upgrade my old iPhone5 to IOS 10.3.4. But I finally managed by doing that way - Since this was my old phone which I have given to my kid, I had created new iCloud and iTunes user for him. I wanted to update my iPhone 5 with a new (kid's) username. Then I left on the iPhone the new user (kid's) name of iCould but signed into iTunes with my old username. Then I could upgrade to IOS 10.3.4 via iTunes. But anyway - it was not possible to update iPhone to IOS 10.3.4 via WIFI. Sorry for my English, it is not my native language :)

Hope this can help someone :)

what is error 4000?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.