Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Protecting new iPad Air!

Hey guys,

i just picked up my first iPad! An iPad Air with 256gb. My question to you folks is what is the best way to keep this protected? They obviously aren’t cheap, and I want to do everything I can to protect it. In addition to the Apple Care, should I get a case and a screen protector? Or one of the other? Could you guys recommend a good solid case too? Thanks! Ricky.

iPad Air 3 Wi-Fi

Posted on Sep 17, 2019 8:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply
4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 18, 2019 12:23 PM in response to RC_1988

Some people are screen protector users, others aren't.

If you want to use a screen protector, try and find one that will not interfere with the Apple Pencil, if you purchased an Apple Pencil or decide to try and purchase one in the future.

I have never used a screen protector on any of my iPads.

If you keep the screen clean and screen covered closed when not using your iPad, you really do not need to a screen protector on an iPad.

But I am staying completely neutral as Switzerland on the topic of screen protectors.

iPad screens can still get damaged/cracked even with a screen protector applied.

Someone who reviewed the Zugu case mentioned that the case fits too tightly with a glass screen protector on an iPad/iPad Pro so if you use a screen protector with the Zugu case, maybe purchase and try a thin film plastic screen protector, instead.

This is your decision.

Protecting new iPad Air!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.