You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Suitable Mac compatible Database Software for customers?

Hi,

I have multiple Apple devices (mainly iMac & iPhone) and run a small business. Currently I have all my customers logged in Excel using 'add comment' each time I'd like to insert a comment relating to the individual customers contact. This is proving an outdated way to work and being a Apple user would like to step up and streamline my Customer Relationship Management with a user friendly, Mac Compatible Database software. I would like this to enable me to keep a list of all customers and to be able to click on each customer to which it would open up an individual form for that contact with all of their history and notes.

Ideally it would be very useful access this remotely too (maybe iCloud Drive can sort this?)

I am not sure which would be the way to go as there are lots of different ones out there. I am not looking for anything complicated, just as above, possibly the ability to link with their previous orders etc. I have heard of products such as Microsoft 'Access', Filemaker, Bento etc

Please could you advise on how best to proceed with this? Simple and intuitive would be best so I can build the database up myself.

Thank you So much in advance :)

Posted on Sep 18, 2019 3:47 AM

Similar questions

7 replies

Sep 18, 2019 8:53 AM in response to rhythm_is a dancer

I was not aware that Daylite had moved to a subscription model, so that would be an issue, though many application vendors are evolving to that model now. I suspect that most CRM products may use a proprietary database that does not migrate well to other places, and the better ones won't be free either.

You do not want to get started with a 32-bit CRM product as it will not work on Catalina 10.15.

I am not certain that a spreadsheet based CRM solution is a forward-looking approach, but the choice of underlying database could make or break strategic usage. Even if you installed FileMaker, you would have to roll your own CRM solution with it.

You might review this Mac CRM Software overview to see if there is something in there that is not subscription, or can provide a workable solution for you.

Suitable Mac compatible Database Software for customers?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.