Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Upgrade MacOS Sierra 10.12.6 to 10.13

Hello! I am using a MacOS Sierra 10.12.6 version, but I wold like to upgrade it to the 10.13 version so that I can run Rhino 6 in my computer. Does anyone have any ideas?

Posted on Sep 18, 2019 5:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 18, 2019 5:52 AM

If you can run Sierra, you can run High Sierra. How to upgrade to macOS High Sierra. Based on the results of menu : About This Mac panel, compare the introduction timeframe in parenthesis (e.g. Late-2013) to the models in How to upgrade to macOS Mojave. The Mac App Store may block your access to High Sierra if your hardware supports the Mojave installation.

Have a current Time Machine backup before any upgrade.

Also review the hardware requirements for the Rhino application, check with third-party vendors to ensure that they have product support for High Sierra or Mojave, and the same for your printer and scanner vendors who may or may not continue to support their products with drivers for High Sierra or Mojave.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 18, 2019 5:52 AM in response to Msantos50

If you can run Sierra, you can run High Sierra. How to upgrade to macOS High Sierra. Based on the results of menu : About This Mac panel, compare the introduction timeframe in parenthesis (e.g. Late-2013) to the models in How to upgrade to macOS Mojave. The Mac App Store may block your access to High Sierra if your hardware supports the Mojave installation.

Have a current Time Machine backup before any upgrade.

Also review the hardware requirements for the Rhino application, check with third-party vendors to ensure that they have product support for High Sierra or Mojave, and the same for your printer and scanner vendors who may or may not continue to support their products with drivers for High Sierra or Mojave.

Upgrade MacOS Sierra 10.12.6 to 10.13

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.