Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't Update Numbers

I am on macOS Sierra 10.12.6 which I believe the most up to date version. I cannot collaborate on Numbers as it states I must update it. When I try to update numbers it is shown as an incompatible update so I cannot update it.

Thanks for your help!

Posted on Sep 18, 2019 10:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 19, 2019 10:54 AM

Sierra, macOS 10.12.6 is definitely not the most up to date version of macOS. It is 2, soon to be 3, generations of macOS behind. Numbers 6 as well as Pages 8 & Keynote 9, the only versions available in the Mac App Store, require High Sierra, macOS 10.13.6 or Mojave, macOS 10.14.x. You need to update the OS before you can update the apps.

If updating your Mac is not an option use iWork for iCloud or your iOS device to open the files & then download or share a copy. Do not choose Numbers or Pages as the file type. The best option is to choose Excel or Word as the file type which you can then open with your version of Numbers/Pages or LibreOffice or Excel/Word or a multitude of other apps.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 19, 2019 10:54 AM in response to dfvr8

Sierra, macOS 10.12.6 is definitely not the most up to date version of macOS. It is 2, soon to be 3, generations of macOS behind. Numbers 6 as well as Pages 8 & Keynote 9, the only versions available in the Mac App Store, require High Sierra, macOS 10.13.6 or Mojave, macOS 10.14.x. You need to update the OS before you can update the apps.

If updating your Mac is not an option use iWork for iCloud or your iOS device to open the files & then download or share a copy. Do not choose Numbers or Pages as the file type. The best option is to choose Excel or Word as the file type which you can then open with your version of Numbers/Pages or LibreOffice or Excel/Word or a multitude of other apps.

Can't Update Numbers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.