Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot permanently delete large number of photos from iphone

I have deleted 15,000 photos from my phone. I now cannot permanently remove them from my deleted items album. When I either press the delete all or try to delete a smaller subset of the photos, nothing happens.

Posted on Sep 18, 2019 3:44 PM

Similar questions

7 replies

Sep 18, 2019 4:52 PM in response to mokiboki

Hi. Waited for over an hour. It did not permanently try delete any of the photos. After a while, I tried again. Still no progress. Quit the photos app and tried again. Also shut down the ipbone and re-started it. Still have the original problem. Even tried deleting from Settings -> general -> iPhone storage ->" Photos - Recently Deleted - Empty (save 23 GB)". When I did this, the " Photos - Recently Deleted - Empty (save 23 GB)" greyed out and a wheel appeared. Then after the phone sat for a while the wheel disappeared and the ""Photos - Recently Deleted - Empty (save 23 GB)" was no longer greyed out though no progress had been made in deleting the photos

Cannot permanently delete large number of photos from iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.