Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

phone number on Mac.

I have just gotten a MacBook. My phone's number docent pop up as the number used on the Mac. My email is used to send texts and FaceTime. It will not lat me change my reachable number on Mac. It says that number is already used but its not the correct one for my messages. All of my contacts are wrong as well. They are all old contacts.

Thanks.

Posted on Sep 18, 2019 4:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 18, 2019 5:26 PM

Hello,

I'm not sure what exactly your issue is, but it sounds like you have a wrong number associated to your FaceTime and iMessage.

Please note that the number should be changed on the iPhone not on the Mac. Mac will just fetch the number through Apple ID you used to sign in on the Messages.

If you are using the same Apple ID on you iPhone as well as Mac. Go to Settings -> Messages -> Send and Receive and check the number. If it is wrong number on the iPhone, then turn the Message Off, restart the iPhone and turn the Message back on (it will get the correct number from your SIM card)

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 18, 2019 5:26 PM in response to liv446

Hello,

I'm not sure what exactly your issue is, but it sounds like you have a wrong number associated to your FaceTime and iMessage.

Please note that the number should be changed on the iPhone not on the Mac. Mac will just fetch the number through Apple ID you used to sign in on the Messages.

If you are using the same Apple ID on you iPhone as well as Mac. Go to Settings -> Messages -> Send and Receive and check the number. If it is wrong number on the iPhone, then turn the Message Off, restart the iPhone and turn the Message back on (it will get the correct number from your SIM card)

phone number on Mac.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.