You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do hard shell covers ruin macbooks?

I currently own a MacBook Pro 2018 With Touch Bar. Does the Hard shell cover ruin the screen hinge over time? yes I own a Apple care but I read online that it can ruin the hinge. I see other people with the same hard shell? Also does the Keyboard cover ruin the screen by rubbing up against it?

Posted on Sep 18, 2019 9:17 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply
3 replies

Sep 19, 2019 7:17 AM in response to MerkNN

I find the hard covers collect all sorts of dirt inside them so this dirt is pressed and ground against the Aluminum case. Not much hold these covers in place so once the corner of the cover gets cracked, the covers tend to slide. I've almost dropped a client's laptop because it slipped from the cracked hard cover when I picked it up.

Some (not all) hard covers on the display can be extremely difficult to remove. I now require the client to remove the hard cover from the display because I don't want to be responsible for damaging the display. If the client damages the display while removing the cover, then the client is responsible for paying for the resulting damage.

Do hard shell covers ruin macbooks?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.