You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wallet and family sharing

My daughter is on my Family Sharing, and it correctly registers her as 14. However, the "+" button does not appear in the Wallet app on her phone. How do I fix this?

iPhone 5s

Posted on Sep 19, 2019 6:28 AM

7 replies

Sep 27, 2019 6:51 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

You may well be right that this simply isn't possible on a minor's account—which is very frustrating, as I signed up for http://greenlight.com specifically because it was the only reloadable debit card that is usable with Apple Pay. As for the rest—it doesn't matter whether the card is specifically compatible, etc., because it won't even let her attempt to add a card; there's no "+" button.

Sep 27, 2019 8:24 AM in response to Zarquon42

I don't believe that you can add a payment method to a child under the age of 18, but I'm struggling to find additional information about that. Again, the setup document for Family Sharing only talks about setting up a payment method for the Family Organizer.

EDIT: No where in the setup for Child Apple IDs does it indicate anything about adding a payment method to a child Apple ID. Family Sharing and Apple ID for your child - Apple Support

Sep 27, 2019 1:31 PM in response to Zarquon42

I understand that. I'm just saying that it may not be possible to have any kind of payment method at all, whether it be for iTunes or anything else to a minor's wallet. Is this debit card added to your wallet? Is the debit card in the child's name? Is it from a bank that is supported in Apple Pay? Not all debit cards can be added to Apple Pay. It has to be from a supported financial institution. Up until a couple of weeks ago, my bank's debit card was not supported. It was just added, and I was just able to add it to my wallet.

Wallet and family sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.