Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can not activate my iPhone 5C purchased second hand

I do not have apple ID and password, please help me to activate

Posted on Sep 19, 2019 6:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 19, 2019 7:06 AM

What you are encountering is Find My iPhone Activation Lock, a security feature in part to deter re-selling of stolen devices.

Turn off Find My iPhone Activation Lock (formerly: Activation Lock: Removing a device from a previous owner’s account) - An activation lock can only be removed using the log-in information for the account that applied the lock.

https://support.apple.com/HT201441

Get the owner of the account to remove the lock or return the device for a refund. The device is otherwise useless to you.

If the owner has not provided contact information as a message showing in the login screen, there is no way to contact the owner unless the person who gave you the device knows them.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 19, 2019 7:06 AM in response to bsodagar

What you are encountering is Find My iPhone Activation Lock, a security feature in part to deter re-selling of stolen devices.

Turn off Find My iPhone Activation Lock (formerly: Activation Lock: Removing a device from a previous owner’s account) - An activation lock can only be removed using the log-in information for the account that applied the lock.

https://support.apple.com/HT201441

Get the owner of the account to remove the lock or return the device for a refund. The device is otherwise useless to you.

If the owner has not provided contact information as a message showing in the login screen, there is no way to contact the owner unless the person who gave you the device knows them.

Sep 19, 2019 11:39 AM in response to bsodagar

If your office is the original owner, have a company designated representative take the device, the original purchase receipt with the serial number, and a photo ID to the nearest Apple Store.

Genius Bar Reservation US

or contact Apple ID Support. They will need to see the original purchase receipt/paperwork also.

Apple ID Support

Apple ID Support (2) 

Apple Support by e-mail or chat         Select your device, Battery, Power and Charging, then Power adapter not working to get a chat option. 

Apple Support using Twitter

Or fill out and submit this form.

I can not activate my iPhone 5C purchased second hand

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.