Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using an iPhone without a home button

I'm trying to find a support document that might detail how to use an iPhone that doesn't have a home button. I know I'm a little behind the curve, but I've finally caught up with it. What replaces the home button functionality? I have to learn new swipes and can't find an Apple document that outlines it.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks very much,

Posted on Sep 19, 2019 10:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 19, 2019 10:23 AM

The User guide does good job of detailing the new gestures for iPhone X and later.

Learn gestures for iPhone X and later - Apple Support

6 replies

Sep 19, 2019 10:25 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

Are you talking about an iPhone X, XS, XR, or 11? Theres a little line on the bottom of the screen. swipe up to go home. to go to multitasking, swipe up about halfway and pause. you can slide the line to the left and right to switch between recent apps. to take a screenshot, press the volume up and off button at the same time. Siri is accessible by pressing and holding the off button to restart, press and hold up volume and off button at the same time. to force restart, press up volume, press down volume, press and hold off button for a few seconds. Apple Pay is accessible by pressing off button 2x. press off button 3x to get accessibility options.

Using an iPhone without a home button

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.