Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Amazon Music Cannot be Opened (On my iMac) because of a problem.

Why can no longer open Amazon Music on my iMac? I continue to get an error msg indicating Amazon Music Cannot be Opened because of a problem. I really enjoy playing Amazon Music on my iMac. It still works on my iPad and iPhone. But not on my iMac. I hope someone out there knows what I need to do to fix it.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Sep 19, 2019 11:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2019 7:14 AM

It's either Chrome or Amazon Music that needs to be re-installed it looks like, maybe both.

Safe Boot from the HD, (holding Shift key down at bootup), does the problem occur in Safe Mode?

Safe mode attempts to repair Disks & clears lots of caches, so if Safe Mode works try again in regular boot.

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 20, 2019 7:14 AM in response to jcgormanca

It's either Chrome or Amazon Music that needs to be re-installed it looks like, maybe both.

Safe Boot from the HD, (holding Shift key down at bootup), does the problem occur in Safe Mode?

Safe mode attempts to repair Disks & clears lots of caches, so if Safe Mode works try again in regular boot.

Nov 7, 2019 11:28 AM in response to jcgormanca

Amazon Music Unlimited is not compatible with macOS Catalina 10.15.1 while using Safari 13.0.1 After spending an hour communicating with Amazon help representatives; and as I was unwilling to switch to the Google Chrome browser, I was resigned to the only fix for this issue: downloading the Amazon Music App from amazon.com/getmusic From this page, select Mac & PC and the link: download desktop app. The desktop app is not available from a search of the Amazon home page. The desktop app is only available from amazon.com/getmusic

Nov 20, 2019 9:17 AM in response to BDAqua

I have spent hours chatting with Amazon regarding inability to download Amazon Music. Was told to delete old version and go to amazon.com/get music. When downloading I get a message that states Music can't be installed because Apple can't check for malicious software. Amazon can not seem to identify the problem, says there are no known issues and recommends contacting Apple. The information above doesn't seem to define my problem. I'm running Catalina. I simply can not find a solution. Any hints?

Amazon Music Cannot be Opened (On my iMac) because of a problem.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.