Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 13 beta Uninstall

I'm currently on iOS 13.1 beta 4 on an iPhone 8. Do I have to uninstall that version in order to have the released 13 installed instead of the beta version? If so, how is that done without doing a factory reset, which I want to avoid?

iPhone 8

Posted on Sep 19, 2019 12:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 19, 2019 12:18 PM

You are welcome.

No. 13.1 Beta 4 isn't too much different from 13.0. It's mostly bugfixes. You should just stay on the beta version and wait for the final 13.1 Release coming in a couple days. Then you can update to that. Make sure to delete your beta profile, otherwise you cannot recieve the final version.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 19, 2019 12:18 PM in response to MikeD999

You are welcome.

No. 13.1 Beta 4 isn't too much different from 13.0. It's mostly bugfixes. You should just stay on the beta version and wait for the final 13.1 Release coming in a couple days. Then you can update to that. Make sure to delete your beta profile, otherwise you cannot recieve the final version.

Sep 19, 2019 12:12 PM in response to MikeD999

You cannot revert to 13.0 without a factory reset. You would need to create a backup, and restore the iPhone to 13.0 using iTunes. But then you cannot restore the backup onto your device running 13.0 because the backup was created on 13.1. Maybe you have a backup made while the device was running iOS 12.

The best option is to delete the beta profile and then wait until 13.1 is released and update to that. 13.1 will be released on September 24th.

iOS 13 beta Uninstall

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.