Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Product Specialties aren't updating

Hello! I've been using Support Communities for several months now to share my knowledge with others regarding problems they may have with their Apple Devices. While I do get points for when I get things right and help people, my product specialties are not updating. I have done almost everything that the level 2 iPhone specialty count has asked for, however it simply isn't registering. Is it something I am doing wrong?

Thanks Much!

Ian

Posted on Sep 19, 2019 12:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2019 8:00 AM

You are not doing anything wrong. Understand that, as currently deployed, the Product Specialty badge system is actually just the opposite of what it appears. You get product specialty points when you ASK a question in the forum for that product, and not when you answer one. So badges essentially show what you don't know instead of what you do know.

I believe three of the badges I have were due to my posting test questions in those forums during a time of forum software trouble, but I got the "I'm weak in this" badges anyway and cannot get shed of them.

Levels get you privileges; badges do not as far as I can see. Keep answering questions like you've been doing, level up, and ignore the badges. That's what most of the senior contributors here do.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 25, 2019 8:00 AM in response to TurtleGlo

You are not doing anything wrong. Understand that, as currently deployed, the Product Specialty badge system is actually just the opposite of what it appears. You get product specialty points when you ASK a question in the forum for that product, and not when you answer one. So badges essentially show what you don't know instead of what you do know.

I believe three of the badges I have were due to my posting test questions in those forums during a time of forum software trouble, but I got the "I'm weak in this" badges anyway and cannot get shed of them.

Levels get you privileges; badges do not as far as I can see. Keep answering questions like you've been doing, level up, and ignore the badges. That's what most of the senior contributors here do.

Product Specialties aren't updating

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.