Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Billing

Why are you guys trying to take $5.28 off my card for iTunes when I don’t even use that app that’s totally unacceptable and I’m highly ******!

Posted on Sep 19, 2019 1:25 PM

3 replies

Sep 19, 2019 1:30 PM in response to latillery

1. This is a user to user forum. You are not addressing Apple. As users, we are not trying to take anything off your card.
  2. Follow the steps here to find out what the charge was for: If you see 'itunes.com/bill' or an unfamiliar charge on your statement - Apple Support
  3. The iTunes platform does not and cannot in any way create random charges you don't initiate yourself. So the charge needs to be result of something you specifically did. Either downloading an app that may contain a Free trial that renews into a subscription, or some in-app purchase in an app you already have or something else like that.

Sep 19, 2019 1:27 PM in response to latillery

The app probably have a free trial or in-app purchase which you didn't notice in the fine print and it automatically started after the trial period.

View, change, or cancel your subscriptions - https://support.apple.com/HT202039 - Learn how to view your subscriptions that renew automatically, change your subscription period, and turn off Automatic Renewal." "If you don’t cancel more than 24 hours before your renewal date, your subscription might renew." Deleting an app does not cancel a subscription. Stopping the auto-renewal of a subscription only does that, it does not immediately stop the subscription, nor result in any refund.

Billing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.