Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone SE Update

I’m being notified on my iPhone SE that the IOS 13 update is ready to be installed. I was under the impression that the SE was being excluded. Is this update safe for me?

iPhone SE

Posted on Sep 19, 2019 1:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 19, 2019 2:01 PM

Yes. iOS 13 is also available for the SE. You can install it to your device, it's from Apple.

6 replies

Oct 12, 2019 8:41 AM in response to jdip101

IOS 13 DESTROYED MY iPHONE SE:

I installed the new iOS on my iPhone SE and it started to go black and restarting. Went online to Apple Support Chat. Was instructed to connect phone to computer holding home button down, etc. The computer could not restart the iPhone SE, and the Chat person said I'd have to bring it in to an Apple repair place. Because I was going away the next day and could not get an appointment for 4 days, I went to the Apple Store without an appointment, and waited and waited. When my turn came, they took my phone in back and later came back with it and announced that my iPhone SE was DOA. When I said that it didn't seem fair for a new iOS to destroy my phone, the repair person said it was probably about to go anyway.

Nice for Apple - I get to choose which iPhone to spend a lot of money on? Luckily for me, I still have a working iPhone 6. I took it to my old carrier, T-Mobile, and got it unlocked to use with my current carrier, CREDO. That took 3 days, during which our vacation spot had a power shutdown by PG&E and I had no working phone. Finally on the way home early, with my phone hooked up to the car Wi-Fi, the phone was unlocked and started to work. I am afraid to download iOS 13 to the iPhone 6 now, and I'm afraid to upgrade my iMac, which is a few years old, to Catalina. This seems to me like a form of economic terrorism on the part of Apple. Why could they not have warned my that my SE might not work with the newest 13? Why not give me a choice? I don't know if I can continue to trust Apple.

iPhone SE Update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.