Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HDCP Issues on 2014 Mac Mini

Hey guys. I have this super frustrating issue with my Mac mini (late 2014). For some reason I get this error message saying "Can't play this in HD because of HDCP something something". So I've searched the internet trying to figure out the issue.

I've tried the hard reset of the Mac Mini which some meant should fix the problem. I've also tried the turning off the Mac and restarting it while pressing "Shift-ctrl-alt and power button". The latter actually worked but then I got this weird green flickering on the screen. Then, when I tried to search for a fix for the green screen, the problem with HDCP whatever came back. So I'm pretty much back to square one with zero ideas left on how to tackle the problem.

I have as previously mentioned a Mac mini 2014 and I use an LG Oled 4K TV with a Denon Receiver in between the two. Does anyone have any ideas?

Posted on Sep 19, 2019 3:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 19, 2019 11:32 PM

hdcp is a drm copy right protection protocol

first step is to cut out the middleman Denon

if it resolve it the receiver is not hdcp compliant

if it does not resolve it then try another cable

could be caused by the cable not being hdmi 1.3 or higher complient

if you wish to know more

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-bandwidth_Digital_Content_Protection

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 19, 2019 11:32 PM in response to casper117

hdcp is a drm copy right protection protocol

first step is to cut out the middleman Denon

if it resolve it the receiver is not hdcp compliant

if it does not resolve it then try another cable

could be caused by the cable not being hdmi 1.3 or higher complient

if you wish to know more

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-bandwidth_Digital_Content_Protection

HDCP Issues on 2014 Mac Mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.