Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Remote app in iOS 13 crashing when selecting AirPlay speaker

Is anyone having issues with the Remote app in iOS 13 crashing when its controlling an iTunes library on a Mac and then you try changing the AirPlay speaker? Just started crashing as soon as I upgraded to iOS 13, never had this issue before.

Tried the usual delete the app and reinstall it but it didn't fix it. Anyone else seeing this on their iOS 13 device?

Posted on Sep 19, 2019 4:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2019 9:20 AM

Good news! Just put iOS 13.1 official release on my iPhone and it fixed the Remote AirPlay speaker selection crashing issue. Now to go through my laundry list of iOS 13 bugs and see what else has been fixed (Mail fetch, I'm looking at you..)

10 replies

Sep 19, 2019 5:32 PM in response to DesktopGuerrilla

I feel your pain, I've got several Airport Expresses and Raspberry Pis set up with AirPlay all over the house and I use the iOS Remote app constantly. "I hope this is fixed in 13.1" must be the most muttered phrase on the planet today.

I've been on iOS since the first day of the first iPhone and this is by far the buggiest release. It feels like an early beta. Try initiating WiFi Music Sync on your iOS 13 device. Can't find it anymore? Search for "Sync Library". Click on the link. Hmm, takes you to the Music app alright but you can't sync BECAUSE IT'S NOT THERE ANYMORE.

And I can't believe this nonsense about not upgrading to the new Reminders app if you don't want to break list sharing with anyone who can't/won't upgrade to iOS 13 and Catalina. How @%#$# hard is it to maintain backwards compatibility with REMINDERS? But hey, SLOFIES!

Sep 21, 2019 11:13 AM in response to PlymouthMN1

Well 13.1's supposed to hit in three days. Let's hope it fixes this bug, as well all the others people seem to be experiencing with this POS release.

I just noticed the Mail app no longer checks for new mail now until I launch it. No matter than I have it set to fetch Gmail every 15 mins, and iCloud is set for push. No new mail if I don't open Mail and let it manually fetch. So iOS 13 = manual mail fetch.

The MAIL app. And nobody at Apple noticed this before they released it? Nobody at Apple uses the Mail app? Do they all communicate to each other internally with animojis in Messages?

And anyone try to sync their Music app from their phone to their iTunes playlist over WiFi? Can't find that button anymore in iOS 13? Search "Sync Library" in Settings. Ahh, there it is. Tap on it. The link's there but the feature is gone. Not there anymore. Only way to sync now is with a Lightning cable, or over WiFi but you need to do it from iTunes on your Mac. Which is going away soon with Catalina. But hey, anyone still syncing actual music files anymore is a fossil. Better to pay every month to lease your music from the cloud and burn through your data at the same time. Progress!

There are dozens of other major bugs in this release. First time I've ever really been burned by updating my device on day one. I used to laugh at the old timers who waited a few revs before updating to a new iOS. I was wrong. Listen to old people. They've seen what happens when a suit who doesn't even seem to use computers himself takes over a company that makes computers.

Remote app in iOS 13 crashing when selecting AirPlay speaker

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.