Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Didn’t sign out of iCloud but did erase all content and settings am I good?

If I let’s say traded my phone in for a newer phone and I wasn’t asked to log out of iCloud but did erase all contents and settings does it still like sign me out of iCloud or stops anyone who could get the phone from using my icloud right

iPhone 6s

Posted on Sep 19, 2019 7:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2019 5:38 PM

Erasing all content and settings does not disable activation lock. You should have signed out of your iCloud account in the device before erasing it. Now, you can still release it from activation lock with a web browser and your www.icloud.com account page.

2 replies

Sep 20, 2019 1:33 PM in response to ImKindaDumb

Hello ImKindaDumb,

Thanks for visiting Apple Support Communities,

I understand that you are wanting to know if you erased your device without signing out of iCloud if the next person who obtained the phone would be able to activate it. You would still need to sign out of your Apple ID in all areas on the device before another person could use the device. The following guide provides additional information on steps you can still take:

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Best regards.

Didn’t sign out of iCloud but did erase all content and settings am I good?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.