Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Message on computer - won't go away

I can't find where this message is coming from. It floats on the display but you cannot select it and cannot determine what installation it is tied to. Anyone have any history with this and how to permanently delete/remove?

Posted on Sep 19, 2019 8:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2019 2:43 PM

Hi there, Summer!

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities. I understand from your post that there is a message appearing on your Mac prompting you to select a checkbox to complete the installation, but you're not sure what it's coming from. I'm happy to help!

The message you're seeing is likely due to third-party software you've installed. If you're not sure which software is bringing the message up, I have a few steps you can use to try to get rid of the popup. Try these in order, checking for the message after each step and stopping when the issue is resolved:

1. Quit any open apps: Quit apps on Mac - Apple Support, then restart your Mac: How to turn your Mac on or off - Apple Support.
  2. Start your Mac in safe mode: Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac - Apple Support. Safe mode will run a few checks and make repairs where it can during boot up, so it may take a little longer to start up than usual. The checks and repairs may also resolve the issue on their own.
  3. Check what apps are set to automatically start when you log into your Mac: Open items automatically when you log in on Mac - Apple Support. If you see an app you don't recognize, remove it from the list, and delete it from the Mac: How to delete apps on your Mac - Apple Support.
  4. See if the message appears in a new, test user: How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac - Apple Support.

Don't hesitate to respond back if you still need assistance.

Best!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 20, 2019 2:43 PM in response to Summer_Short

Hi there, Summer!

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities. I understand from your post that there is a message appearing on your Mac prompting you to select a checkbox to complete the installation, but you're not sure what it's coming from. I'm happy to help!

The message you're seeing is likely due to third-party software you've installed. If you're not sure which software is bringing the message up, I have a few steps you can use to try to get rid of the popup. Try these in order, checking for the message after each step and stopping when the issue is resolved:

1. Quit any open apps: Quit apps on Mac - Apple Support, then restart your Mac: How to turn your Mac on or off - Apple Support.
  2. Start your Mac in safe mode: Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac - Apple Support. Safe mode will run a few checks and make repairs where it can during boot up, so it may take a little longer to start up than usual. The checks and repairs may also resolve the issue on their own.
  3. Check what apps are set to automatically start when you log into your Mac: Open items automatically when you log in on Mac - Apple Support. If you see an app you don't recognize, remove it from the list, and delete it from the Mac: How to delete apps on your Mac - Apple Support.
  4. See if the message appears in a new, test user: How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac - Apple Support.

Don't hesitate to respond back if you still need assistance.

Best!

Message on computer - won't go away

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.