Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Broke camera after IOS 13 update

Hey i just updated IOS 13 on my IPhone X and now my camera is not working it’s all black and I’ve tried many things to fix it like restarting it for many times but it didn’t help what’s the problem what should i do??

iPhone X

Posted on Sep 20, 2019 2:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2019 3:18 AM

Try to restore your iPhone to factory settings.

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

If the issue persists, schedule an appointment at a Genius Bar or the nearest Apple Authorized Service Provider.

8 replies

Sep 20, 2019 6:08 AM in response to Mowey12

I had this issue was well, but then after a few flickers (almost like its priming the cameras) then finally resolved, there seems to be a native bug in the camera app that causes that camera to go blank. After a few times this issue disappeared as if the phone finalized the priming between the two cameras on my iPhone XS Max device.

Oct 23, 2019 6:05 PM in response to Judym10

My camera is missing it's video selection after the last update. I can do photos and time lapse but no regular video. I restarted it and it was there for a short time (less than 5 minutes, then it disappeared again. So am I going to have to restart my iPhone every time I want to take a video???

I am assuming that there is a fix coming.

Broke camera after IOS 13 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.