Newsroom Update

Updates to the Home experience elevate entertainment and bring more convenience. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HomePod could not be powered on

Hi. Everyone,

I suspect my HomePod could not be powered on at all after more than 1 year of use. It is not responding to touch or "Hey Siri". In this scenario what options do I have?

Thanks

Posted on Sep 20, 2019 3:10 AM

5 replies

Sep 23, 2019 9:48 PM in response to TayHL

The .fuse might have tripped in the .breaker Box or Electrical Panel in your home. Did you test another appliance or lamp in this wall outlet, test the homepod in another outlet?

Does it light up at all ? If it lights up it’s powered on.

See if the touch was changed somehow, this will affect how it responds to touch

Use Touch Accommodations on HomePod

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT208433

You can try resetting HomePod,

the 5 second count (done twice) as instructed below is very important

Reset HomePod:

Press the top of HomePod to reset it

If you can’t remove HomePod from the Home app, you can press the top of HomePod to reset it to its factory settings. Here’s how:

1. Unplug HomePod, wait 5 seconds, then plug it back in.
  2. Wait 5 seconds, then touch your finger to the top of HomePod and hold it there.
  3. The white spinning light will turn red. Keep your finger down. 
  4. Siri will say that your HomePod is about to reset. When you hear three beeps, you can lift your finger.

If you still see HomePod in the Home app after you reset it, then you'll need to manually remove it from the Home app.

HomePod could not be powered on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.