Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Uninstalling adobe flash player

On my MacBook pro I have located the current and previous downloads of Adobe Flash Player, right clicked and Moved to Trash. I then removed everything from Trash. Is moving to trash the same as uninstalllling?

Posted on Sep 20, 2019 3:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2019 3:16 PM

For some applications yes, but for others it does not completely remove the application. Adobe flash player installs other items so the the web browsers can link to the flash player. I believe Adobe has an actual uninstaller. Here is the official information direct from Adobe on the correct procedure to uninstall flash player:

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-mac-os.html

To uninstall applications you usually should check the developer's instructions. For some apps you may just run the installer again and select uninstall, for others you need to run an uninstaller app. If you originially installed an app by dragging the app into the Applications folder, then it is usually safe to just move them to the Trash.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 20, 2019 3:16 PM in response to anthonyfromchipping campden

For some applications yes, but for others it does not completely remove the application. Adobe flash player installs other items so the the web browsers can link to the flash player. I believe Adobe has an actual uninstaller. Here is the official information direct from Adobe on the correct procedure to uninstall flash player:

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-mac-os.html

To uninstall applications you usually should check the developer's instructions. For some apps you may just run the installer again and select uninstall, for others you need to run an uninstaller app. If you originially installed an app by dragging the app into the Applications folder, then it is usually safe to just move them to the Trash.

Uninstalling adobe flash player

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.