Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro (early 2015) Power Adapter

I have a MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015). It appears that I currently use a 60W MagSafe 2 Power Adapter. The Apple Store personnel sold me an 85W MagSafe 2 Power Adapter--I didn't have my computer with me and forgot which adapter to buy. Can I use the 85W or is it too powerful, or do I need to exchange it for a 60W adapter?

Posted on Sep 20, 2019 5:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2019 6:01 AM

You do not need to exchange.

Using the larger adapter presents no issues whatsoever, except that it weighs a little more. It will not damage anything, and your computer will only draw what it needs (the power adapter does not somehow flood it with power). The 85W model may run cooler than the smaller model.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 20, 2019 6:01 AM in response to Fjord

You do not need to exchange.

Using the larger adapter presents no issues whatsoever, except that it weighs a little more. It will not damage anything, and your computer will only draw what it needs (the power adapter does not somehow flood it with power). The 85W model may run cooler than the smaller model.

MacBook Pro (early 2015) Power Adapter

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.