Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro Mojave does not detect my HP27QD monitor connected USB-C to USB-C. Monitor is configured for USB-C input and reports no input signal from MacBook. Monitor was just working fine with Windows 10 and display port connection.

How do I connect an HP27QD external monitor to my MacBook Pro Mojave? I've tried USB-C to USB-C and get no signal to the Monitor.

Posted on Sep 20, 2019 9:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2019 9:53 AM

USB-C should be thought of as an adjective, and not a noun. USB-C is the name of the connector, and nothing more. There is no such thing as a USB-C cord.

Exactly what cord and/or adapter are you using to make this connection?

Similar questions

4 replies

Sep 20, 2019 10:01 AM in response to Grant Bennet-Alder

I am using a cable with USB-C male connectors at each end. One end is fitting into the USB-C female connector on the MacBook Pro, the other end is fitting into the USB-C female connector on the HP27QD monitor. I have tried three different such cables with USB-C male connectors at each end, one being a 3rd party cable that is not passing signal, one being the USB-C type power cable from the Apple power adapter, and one being the USB-C power and data cable that I connects a working LG monitor to the MacBrook Pro. All three cable types are not passing a signal, according to the HP monitor.

Sep 20, 2019 2:29 PM in response to gtown213

Glad you did the "heavy lifting" to get this sorted out.

The Mac charger cable is the classic "USB-C cable" counter-example. It has USB-C connectors at each end, but has only power conductors and USB-2 (because USB-2 is required to negotiate higher voltage charging between devices). It is suitable for charging and running an external keyboard, and not much more..

It is really important to read the descriptions on the box to know the capabilities, and in some cases, look at the symbols on each end of the cable itself.

The days of "Apple cord, if it fits, it works" are GONE.

MacBook Pro Mojave does not detect my HP27QD monitor connected USB-C to USB-C. Monitor is configured for USB-C input and reports no input signal from MacBook. Monitor was just working fine with Windows 10 and display port connection.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.