Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music “Syncing your library” on new 11 Pro Max

I just got the 11 Pro Max and I started it up via a back up from my old phone. Everything has been fine except Apple Music has been “syncing you library” for hours, but none of my songs show up. Apple Music streaming works fine but none of my library appears. All the other components of the backup (settings, apps, books..) have appeared. I have restarted my phone to no success. The only song that appears is the only one I have ever purchased from iTunes.

Posted on Sep 20, 2019 11:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2019 4:08 AM

After a bit of digging around online, I found a fix that worked for me.

1. First download the latest iOS (IPSW File). You can find the official Apple ones here (note that this is not an Apple website, but all the downloads come from Apple's official update servers directly). Be sure to select the right firmware for your device.
  2. Plug in your phone and make a backup on iTunes (backing up to iCloud won't fix this).
  3. Hold the option key and click restore. This will open up Finder so that you can select a firmware file. Now select that IPSW file downloaded earlier. This will restore your phone to a fresh copy of iOS (the one downloaded in step 1).
  4. After your phone is restored, set up your iPhone through iTunes, and select the backup you made in step 2.

Done! Wait until your phone powers up, and your library should load! Good luck to anyone who runs into this obnoxious bug.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 21, 2019 4:08 AM in response to iqme77

After a bit of digging around online, I found a fix that worked for me.

1. First download the latest iOS (IPSW File). You can find the official Apple ones here (note that this is not an Apple website, but all the downloads come from Apple's official update servers directly). Be sure to select the right firmware for your device.
  2. Plug in your phone and make a backup on iTunes (backing up to iCloud won't fix this).
  3. Hold the option key and click restore. This will open up Finder so that you can select a firmware file. Now select that IPSW file downloaded earlier. This will restore your phone to a fresh copy of iOS (the one downloaded in step 1).
  4. After your phone is restored, set up your iPhone through iTunes, and select the backup you made in step 2.

Done! Wait until your phone powers up, and your library should load! Good luck to anyone who runs into this obnoxious bug.

Apple Music “Syncing your library” on new 11 Pro Max

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.