Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod Nano 7th Gen Supported by iTunes 12.9.5.5?

Hello Apple Community!

I'm looking at buying an iPod Nano 7th Gen, to have a music player from Apple that uses Lightning chargers, and that doesn't have an App Store. I've been researching online, and I'm seeing some people stating that newer versions of iTunes do not support iPod Nano; will not sync songs to it, etc..

I've reviewed the iPod Nano 7th Gen User Guide from Apple's support site, but it only references that it requires iTunes 12.2 or later. I'm just hoping to get a definitive answer before I spend the money on this.

Thank you!

iPod nano (7th Gen)

Posted on Sep 20, 2019 11:46 AM

8 replies

Sep 25, 2019 6:07 AM in response to turingtest2

The iPod connects, I can see the name, the music, and the playlists on it, but can't edit any settings and it doesn't allow me to drag mp3's from my library onto the iPod. The iPod shows the "connected" icon on it's screen while it's connected. It's really odd. We just did a full restore of it on my wife's computer (the older iMac) and that computer is still the only one through which we can add music.

Sep 25, 2019 6:39 AM in response to boston_bot

If you synced content from one library then when you attach it to another one you may find you have limited access to either play or add content without making changes on the device's summary tab. On your wife's computer check that it is set up to allow manual management of music, then see if that changes the behaviour on the other computer.

tt2

iPod Nano 7th Gen Supported by iTunes 12.9.5.5?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.