Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple mail text window gone.

In the last few days the window displaying the text of the email has disappeared to only show the inbox list and not the text of the selected email. How do I get the client to once again display the text of the email without having to double click on the line. Mac OS High Sierra- Mac Mini 2014 using Classic mode.

Posted on Sep 20, 2019 1:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2019 1:30 PM

There should be a large dot at the bottom of the mail window (about in the middle of the window)- you can move your screen cursor on top of that and it should then change to an odd arrow icon that points up and down -- just click and drag that large dot up to see the currently selected mail message -- I'm guessing you must have accidentally dragged it all the way down to the bottom without realizing it, so when that happens it appears that you can't see the mail message any longer unless you double click an individual message to bring it up in a separate window?

Good luck...

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 20, 2019 1:30 PM in response to brianfromwoodacre

There should be a large dot at the bottom of the mail window (about in the middle of the window)- you can move your screen cursor on top of that and it should then change to an odd arrow icon that points up and down -- just click and drag that large dot up to see the currently selected mail message -- I'm guessing you must have accidentally dragged it all the way down to the bottom without realizing it, so when that happens it appears that you can't see the mail message any longer unless you double click an individual message to bring it up in a separate window?

Good luck...

apple mail text window gone.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.