Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I was setting my iMac to factory settings but didn’t completed and now I’m seeing a file icon with a question mark what should I do next?

What’s next I’m trying to download the IOS but it wasn’t completed now I turned on and a flashing file icon whit a question mark appears only, it’s my laptop broken? What should I do next?

MacBook

Posted on Sep 20, 2019 2:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply
2 replies

Sep 20, 2019 2:10 PM in response to neysilalic

What exactly did you do to "set to factory settings"? Have you tried to do a Recovery boot (hold down Command+r when system turns on). Does that work?

The flashing file icon with a question mark means there is no operating system on your boot disk. Do you have more than one disk on this computer? Try holding the Option key down when booting -- does it give a list of things? If so what does it say?

Good luck...

I was setting my iMac to factory settings but didn’t completed and now I’m seeing a file icon with a question mark what should I do next?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.