Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Remove lyrics I added to songs.

Years ago before apple gave every song lyrics i use to add them myself so its well over 200 songs but now apples implementation is much nicer and i want to remove the lyrics I added years ago and use apples. Is there anyway to do this automatically or will I have to spend hours removing the lyrics song by song?

Posted on Sep 20, 2019 4:48 PM

Similar questions

2 replies

Sep 22, 2019 10:51 AM in response to Cooguy

Hello Coogy and welcome to Apple Support Communities.

I see you have a question about using the lyrics generated by the Apple Music service versus ones you added by hand using the processes outlined here:

View lyrics in Apple Music - Apple Support

"If you don’t have Apple Music, you can add custom lyrics for a song on your computer, but those lyrics won’t sync to other devices. In the Music app on Mac or iTunes for Windows on a PC, click next to a song’s name and choose Get Info. On the Lyrics tab, select Custom Lyrics, then enter lyrics and click OK."

As custom lyrics are part of the metadata file for a song on any given device, they would also need to be removed manually in order to use the Apple Music-generated lyrics instead.

Cheers.

Remove lyrics I added to songs.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.