Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Upgraded to iOS 13, Lost my data?

So, i wanted to upgrade to iOS 13, for some reason i could'nt do it on my iphone, so i did it on my PC. Before doing so, i backed up on my computer and icloud (unsuccessful). After i upgraded it gave me a error message when i tried to restore, so i set up as new iphone, and treid again, nothing. I was apple to get most apps due to a older backup, but i lost 90% of my contatcs, and ALL OF MY PHOTOS. I hope this is not true, hopefully a glitch? If i did indeed lose all my data, is there a chance of me getting it back?

PLEASE HELP ME.

iPhone 6s

Posted on Sep 20, 2019 5:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2019 6:12 PM

Contacts are not stored locally on an iPhone. They are synced to an email account that you had Google, iCloud, AOL, Exchange, Outlook, Yahoo or any Other

1. How many Contacts account (email client server) you have?
  2. What is your default Contacts Account?
  3. Which email account you are using to store Contacts?

• See the GIF below for Contacts and Default Account

• Learn how to add an email account and make it default (Watch the GIF)
  • This example is for Gmail but the process remains same for all Google, iCloud, AOL, Exchange, Outlook, Yahoo or any Other

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 20, 2019 6:12 PM in response to emipar06

Contacts are not stored locally on an iPhone. They are synced to an email account that you had Google, iCloud, AOL, Exchange, Outlook, Yahoo or any Other

1. How many Contacts account (email client server) you have?
  2. What is your default Contacts Account?
  3. Which email account you are using to store Contacts?

• See the GIF below for Contacts and Default Account

• Learn how to add an email account and make it default (Watch the GIF)
  • This example is for Gmail but the process remains same for all Google, iCloud, AOL, Exchange, Outlook, Yahoo or any Other

Upgraded to iOS 13, Lost my data?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.