Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 13 Update Stuck On Updated Requested/Estimating Time Remaining for 24 HOURS!

My iPhone is stuck on “Update Requested” “Estimating Time Remaining” for over 24 hours now! I’ve restarted my phone, used iTunes (But that doesn’t work and says the firmware file is incompatible) and nothing has worked. I’ve been waiting so long and have no idea why it just doesn’t start downloading the update! Here’s a photo:

iPhone X

Posted on Sep 20, 2019 5:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 22, 2019 4:23 PM

Here’s how I fixed it:

Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content And Settings. It will reset the whole device but you can restore a backup of the device later to get your data back. This was the only thing that fixed it for me. After the device reset you can update it to iOS 13 and it shouldn’t stay on the Update Requested screen for long.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 22, 2019 4:23 PM in response to RilexTM

Here’s how I fixed it:

Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content And Settings. It will reset the whole device but you can restore a backup of the device later to get your data back. This was the only thing that fixed it for me. After the device reset you can update it to iOS 13 and it shouldn’t stay on the Update Requested screen for long.

Sep 22, 2019 11:41 AM in response to RilexTM

Good morning RilexTM!

It sounds like you're having some trouble updating your iPhone. I'd like to help out.

Take a look at the steps here as they have some of the best troubleshooting steps to resolve update issues when performed from the Settings app: Get help with over-the-air iOS updates. If you're still not able to update, try again from iTunes on a computer after going through these steps: If you see an error in iTunes on your Mac or PC.

Let us know how that works out for you. Cheers!

iOS 13 Update Stuck On Updated Requested/Estimating Time Remaining for 24 HOURS!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.