Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Change Note name in app Notes Macboopro

How do I rename a note once created in the Notes app on Macbookpro

MacBook Pro

Posted on Sep 20, 2019 5:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2019 6:41 AM

Well, the first line looks like this, and it does not include the title. Are you sure you are talking about imported Handwritten notes, or are you talking about text notes? If I click the date changes from "Edited" to "Created" but as you see, the Note name "New Note" does not appear there and I cannot obtain an insertion point there. Please be even clearer!

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 26, 2019 6:41 AM in response to Barney-15E

Well, the first line looks like this, and it does not include the title. Are you sure you are talking about imported Handwritten notes, or are you talking about text notes? If I click the date changes from "Edited" to "Created" but as you see, the Note name "New Note" does not appear there and I cannot obtain an insertion point there. Please be even clearer!

Oct 26, 2019 1:13 AM in response to Niki_Photo

I have the same problem. In class everyday they make HANDWRITTEN notes on an iPad, and then airdrop them to us. On my Mac I want to change the name (20 different notes all called "New Note" is not useful), but I can not find any method to do that. I feel like I'm living in an alternative universe, where a simple obvious task is completely concealed. Is this really a MacOS? I have tried every menu (and pop up contextual menus), I have tried opening the note and failing to highlight or change the window title, I have googled, I have spent half an hour on hold with Apple Support, and still I have not discovered how to perform this quotidian task. Crazy. Anyone really know?

Change Note name in app Notes Macboopro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.