Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Camera not working after IOS 13

I updated my iPhone X to IOS 13 today and for some reason, it disabled my camera. Prior to today, I did have an issue with the Face Id feature as I dropped the phone a couple of months ago and it stopped working but everything else was ok. I tried rebooting the phone 4 times and still only have a black screen, regardless of what mode I try to use, i.e., photo, portrait, video, etc. I tried to add Camera to the shortcut feature and received a message stating the device didn't have a camera!???? How can an IOS update disable my camera? I tried to restore it to the back up I made prior to the update but the phone is still on IOS 13 and not the previous version. I don't know if that would have made a difference but I'm desperate to get my camera working again. I really can't afford a new phone.

Thank you

iPhone X

Posted on Sep 20, 2019 6:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2019 6:36 PM

CiaoCiao wrote:

How can an IOS update disable my camera?

Your camera must have been damaged as a result of the drop.

Visit an Apple Store or Authorized Apple Service Center. Let them assess the iPhone and advise you how to proceed.

13 replies

Camera not working after IOS 13

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.