Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 11 Pro Sim card tray

Received my unlocked iPhone today and tried to transfer sim card from my "old" iPhone X. Although it is a nano-sim, the tray in the iPhone 11 seems slightly smaller and will not correctly fit the existing Verizon sim. I tried several times to place the slightly oversized card into the new tray and gently insert into the internal slot. Will not go. The sim card is visibly too large for the slot in the tray.

Anybody else have this problem? (I know this iPhone has a dual sim capability but I'm assuming the one and only tray is intended for a physical sim.

Posted on Sep 20, 2019 6:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2019 9:10 PM

The solution turns out to be placing the sim card onto the tray on its other side. Thus the tray goes in with the cards gold side facing up. Mine now works.

5 replies

Sep 21, 2019 4:57 PM in response to CplSpam

The problem with SIM card installations for the new iPhone 11 is caused by a mistake in the installation diagram. It appears that the diagram accompanying the iPhone 11 applies to older model iPhone models, but not the 11. To properly insert the iPhone 11 sim it must be inserted in the tray gold side up vice gold side down in order to match the cutoff notch closest to the hole in the tray, which is opposite to the diagram coming with the phone.

Sep 20, 2019 8:46 PM in response to Roger Bond

Interesting... I'm upgrading from an iPhone 6 to the iPhone 11 Pro today also. Having the same problem where the sim card doesn't get seated down all the way on the new phone. Here's the strange thing (unless I'm going crazy), looking at just the two sim card trays, I noticed the cut off slot is closest to the hole to open the sim card tray. The old tray (iPhone 6) the cut corner on the sim card is in the opposite corner (closer to the outside edge of phone, but farthest from the hole in the tray to open it). I'll stop at the local Verizon store tomorrow. Ugh....

iPhone 11 Pro Sim card tray

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.