Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ios 13 iphone 6s problem

iPhone 6s

Posted on Sep 21, 2019 12:47 AM

6 replies

Sep 23, 2019 8:26 AM in response to tsymbaone1488

Hey tsymbaone1488,

Thanks for following back up and clarifying the issue. If the screen isn't rotating in apps like Safari and Notes, try restoring the device and setting it up as new to test for possible hardware issues. Make sure you have a good backup of your device: How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. When you are ready to restore and set up the iPhone as new, please follow this article: Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings

If the screen rotates as expected after setting up as new, go ahead and restore from the backup you created previously. Keep us updated.

Cheers!

Oct 1, 2019 5:31 AM in response to raina_b22

I have the same issues with my 6s. Unfortunately I didn’t save previous versions to roll back to, so I’m screwed. I have noticed numerous post about this same issue with iPhone 6s across the Apple community. Orientation doesn’t work and compass doesn’t work after ios13. Apple will not commit that it is a software issue because they are “perfect”.

I have tried everything that their agents said and 2 agents had conflicting responses for the issues.

ios 13 iphone 6s problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.